Auro-Dri® Ear Drying Aid
Auro-Dri® Ear Drying Aid is safe, fast, and effective in relieving water-clogged ears. Use Auro-Dri® Ear Drying Aid to dry water in the ears and help relieve water-clogged ears after swimming, showering, bathing, or washing your hair.
- Unscrew cap from bottle
- Remove foil safety seal from bottle
- Affix applicator cap to bottle
- Remove red applicator cap tip
- Apply 4 to 5 drops in each affected ear
- Recap bottle after each use
- Keep away from heat or direct sunlight
- Store at room temperature 15° - 25°C (59° - 77°F)
- Do not use if foil seal imprinted with “SEALED FOR YOUR PROTECTION” under cap is broken or missing
- Keep carton for full drug facts
Isopropyl alcohol 95% in an anhydrous glycerin 5% base (ear drying aid)
What is Swimmer's Ear?
Swimmer’s ear may develop when water, sand, dirt, or other debris gets into the ear canal. Since it often occurs when excess water enters the ear canal, a common name for this inflammation is "swimmer’s ear." If you have had swimmer’s ear in the past, you are more likely to get it again.*
Is Swimmer's Ear always caused by too much water in the ear?
No. Though swimmer's ear is most often caused by excess water in the ear, scratches in the ear canal (caused by cleaning your ear with a cotton swab or hairpin) as well as allergies or skin reactions also cause swimmer's ear to develop.
Can Swimmer's Ear be prevented?
You can wear earplugs to help prevent swimmer’s ear but some find those to be uncomfortable and a nuisance. Before or after you shower or swim, apply 4-5 drops of Auro-Dri® Ear Drying Aid in each ear. Tilt head sideways and place drops in the ear. Keep the drops in your ear for several minutes by keeping your head tilted. This application helps remove the water to prevent the onset of swimmer's ear.
*WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise, February 2008.
Flammable: Keep away from fire and flame.
Do not use in the eyes.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- ear drainage or discharge
- pain, irritation or rash in the ear
- had ear surgery
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation (too much burning) or pain occurs.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-888-222-1222) right away.